Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bruised

The most embarrassing thing happened to me the other day!
I flew off the back of the treadmill Biggest Loser style, in the middle of the gym!
I wish I had a picture or video clip to show but I was too busy falling and flying ;)

How did it happen?
After finishing my treadmill run I stepped off to get a paper towel to clean it. Yes, I actually wipe it down when I'm done, as everyone should. I thought I had turned it off but apparently I hadn't. I stepped up on the treadmill and 1st I went down and then right off the back! Fortunately, I only suffered a couple of bruises, the biggest of which was my ego.
In all my years of running on the treadmill at home and at the gym this is the 1st time this has happened to me and hopefully the last.

Speaking of running, I am in the process of building up my mileage right now to prepare to start my training schedule at the end of the month. Unfortunately, my right leg is still bothering me and it seems to have moved into the left a little. I think I am at the point where I'm going to need to visit the doctor. My self diagnosis of sciatica might be right but everything I've read says that the pain should have gone by now with proper care. Though I've been doing tons of stretching some icing and some rest the pain is still going strong.

4 comments:

Haley said...

oh no! That is totally something I would do. Hope you feel better soon. I have had tons of siatica trouble also. I usually go to a chiro who straps me on a machine that pulls my hips down to relieve pressure. Let me know if you want her info.

Jodi said...

how old are your shoes...

bobbiec16 said...

Thanks Haley. I might contact u for that info.
Jodi....my shoes are new from Nov and they r just a new pair of the ones I had been running in so I don't think it's the shoes. I'll tell u there was a time when running wasn't this hard ;)

Life Without Pink said...

I love the new blog name! So glad we finally all got to hang out....had fun last night :)