Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pushing Through It

Just entered the "recovery week" at the end of the first phase of p90x. If this is what Tony Horton considers recovery I think he needs his head checked! At the end of this week (Saturday) it will be 4 weeks...it feels like 4 years! I miss running!!

 I'd like to try to work some running back in but with most workouts being 90 minutes and the workouts being 6 days a week, I'm finding it hard to find time for much else. I intend on running The Broad Street run in May so I will have to start fitting in some runs soon. So far there is not much cardio at all in p90x and I feel like that's why I'm not really noticing any results. I suppose I feel a little stronger and some parts of me look a little more muscular but my middle is suffering. Lately every pair of pants I put on give me a total muffin top. I am not used to this. I've never been the muffin top type...my middle is just not usually where I put on weight. At the end of this 1st phase (Saturday) I intend on taking measurements to compare with my before measurements so I suppose I will see then if there is any difference. I have dropped a couple pounds but nothing to speak of.

My eating has mostly gone back to normal with my 80/20 mentality of eating really well 80% of the time and indulging 20%. This instead of my 80% indulgence and 20% healthy eating that I had fallen into over the recent holidays and birthdays. Sometimes I think not eating meat can be worse for my waistline because often when you eat out either because you want to or have to, there just aren't very many vegetarian choices. The lack of appealing veg options usually leads to eating a big plate of fries or cheese quesidillas. Don't worry, I still heart you PJ's and your famous fries and Guiness specials!

The other thing I'm finding very hard about sticking with this is the fact that I have to work out at home. I am a social butterfly and not seeing my "gym buddies" is getting to me. Also, I have to set Logan up with a show and a snack while I'm working out and that never lasts. I'm constantly having to hit the pause button to deal with her latest need. I miss dropping her off at kids club and having that hour to hour and a half to focus on myself.

My positive attitude is dwindling but worry not, I'm not giving up....yet.

No comments: